I’ve been thinking more and more lately that I want to make a change. I want to move. I considered LA and Atlanta but I think Chicago is where I want to be. It’s a big city where I can still have a career in marketing. Although I absolutely LOVE New York, I have this perception that moving will solve all of my problems.
My problems are:
- Too tiny apartments in NYC (I want an entire room of clothing/shoes)
- Having to worry about dating a man who doesn’t want to move from NYC
- Driving anywhere (I just want to drive to Walmart and the grocery store, really)
- Having peace and quiet in the suburbs (not as important)
- Being closer to my family in Michigan (I’m missing moments)
I’m hoping Chicago could solve those problems. I could have a larger place with a huge walk in closet and full kitchen with stainless steel appliances. I could even buy a house or a condo. I could date knowing Chicago is where I want to spend my life. I could drive wherever I wanted to go and I could even go see my parents in Michigan (4 hours away).
It’s been on my mind for a long long time and I think I have decided to move right before I turn 30 so basically I have two years to enjoy NYC and then I’m leaving. When I came to NYC 5 years ago, I was different than I am now. It was meant for me to come here, grow, fuck shit up, have fun, and then leave. I’ve done that. I can tell my time is coming to an end, I’m bored but I’m also interested to see if something/one can change my opinion. I do know that when it’s my time to go, I will cry until the end.
I’m almost sure about this… BUT then again, If I hate Chicago, I can just move to LA or back to NYC.